Nitro is a futuristic blazingly fast embeddable framework for distributed app development, IoT, edge and p2p.
Nitro will provide the core requirements for distributed app development, IoT, edge and p2p including RPC and Event driven communication. The Nitro mantra is in-memory defaults with a pluggable architecture. Blaze with pure in-memory development and swap out as needed to go multi-process or multi-host.
Note: Nitro is currently undergoing a complete rewrite and is considered unstable for use.
Nitro focuses on dapps, IoT, edge and p2p.
Features in development:
- Lightweight RPC based communication
- Event broadcasting and notifications
- CRDT Data synchronisation and storage
- Consensus protocol and execution engine
- WebAssembly target compilation support
- Unique randomized token generation aka BLS
- P2P gossip networking stack in userspace
In the future there’s the potential to launch a live network based on Nitro. More on that soon.
See nitro/discussions for any discussions, development, etc.
See the FAQ doc for frequently asked questions.